Here you can find the most popular resources shared in the newsletter 📚
Tech industry reports 2019
- The most well-funded startups in Europe. CBInsights, October 2019
- China Digital consumer trends 2019. McKinsey, September 2019
- Sandvine’s 2019 Internet Trends. Sandvine, September 2019
- Mary Meeker’s 2019 Internet Trends report. Mary Meeker, June 2o19
- The state of Travel and Mobility tech 2019. Direct access to the pdf here. Lufthansa Innovation Hub, September 2019
- Europe’s 100 hottest startups 2019. Wired, August 2019
- Data on the scale of the UK tech ecosystem. Dealroom and Tech Nation, August 2019
- Startup success outside Silicon Valley: Data from over 200 exits in 17 cities. Founder Collective, August 2019
- US’s 100 most innovative leaders. Jeff Dyer, Nathan Furr, Mike Hendron and Curtis Lefrandt. Forbes, August 2019
Hiring / getting hired
- Your first 30 days as Product Manager in a new company. Practical advice for a smooth transition into a new company. For further reading on onboarding, check this great book: The First 90 days.
- 40 favorite interview questions by some of the smartest and most thoughtful collaborators of First Round.
- Product Management careers: levels, career growth, and promotions. Many of us arrived to Product by “accident”, and once in a Product job, career paths are generally little structured. Brent Tworetzky has attempted to give them some structure and shares with us with a simple overview.
- The Product Leadership career ladder. Rich Mironov has surveyed several product leaders in order to find out what questions and concerns they had while stepping up in responsibilities, and what is appreciated about leadership roles.
- 6 decision-making frameworks that help startup leaders tackle tough calls, by First Round Review.
- The GEM model: Prioritizing growth, engagement, and monetization to keep organizations aligned. Gibson Biddle explains how they applied this strategy prioritization model during his tenure as VP of Product at Netflix.
- Mastering the art of the Outcome. First Round talks to Guru’s co-founder and CEO Rick Nucci. “Are you paying attention to the metrics that matter to your clients’ success? If you spend more time talking about lagging indicators like ARR — rather than metrics like DAU or feature-specific engagement — stop saying you’re customer-oriented. You’re sales-oriented.”
- In search of a better way to measure Product/Market fit. We rarely use a hard metric to define PMF. Sean Ellis proposes one.
- Product vs. Feature Teams. A thoughtful piece by Marty Cagan, one of the most notable and influential voices in Product Management. Marty helps setting direction towards a truly empowered product team.
- UX as the driver for better team alignment and customer outcomes. Great interview with UXDX conference co-founder Rory Madden, highlighting the importance of cross-functional teams and deep customer focus.
- Sharing customer insights with development colleagues. An essential yet usually mishandled and ignored practice of successful teams.
- 6 must reads for onboarding tactics. An extensive selection on how to help newbies succeed (and stay), by First Round Review.
Starting up a Product
- The 4 parts of an MVP. An MVP is more than a product, it’s a route to learning.
- A beginners guide to Lean UX. A nice intro / refresher put together by Tony Ho Tran for InVision.
- Design thinking guide. InVision has recently put together a brief but useful intro/refresher on Design thinking